Ruby on Rails Developer
- Location: Remote / Twickenham, TW1
- Salary: £60,000 – £75,000 (depending on experience)
- Closing date – 17th February, 2021
About the role
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join the team. You’ll be designing and developing websites, integrations and web services that meet the user-needs of current and prospective tenants, employees, partners, investors and local government.
You’ll be working with different technologies, across multiple digital products, including our housing services for residents and our home ownership marketing and sales services.
You’ll be working in a multi-disciplinary team alongside product managers, developers, designers and user researchers at MTVH and our partner agencies.
This is a hands-on coding role, where you’ll be working with technologies like:
- Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Rspec, SASS, Ecmascript6, Typescript, jQuery, React and NodeJS
- PostgreSQL and MsSQL
- Docker, Git, AWS, Unix, Webpack
If you’re motivated to develop digital services that have an impactful social outcome, in an environment that supports your learning and development, this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll need to succeed
- have experience developing in Ruby on Rails (minimum 4 years+ experience) and the other technologies we use
- are comfortable in a highly collaborative and communicative workplace and keen to share skills and knowledge with our team
- enjoy learning to write high-quality software collaboratively
- are motivated to develop great user-focussed digital services
- are passionate about learning new technologies
In addition to 28 days of annual leave we provide:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
“We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.”