Apply to rent a room or have a Lodger

If you are a tenant and have a spare room you may wish to rent it out or have a lodger. It must be allowed in your tenancy agreement and you will need to get written permission first. 

I want to rent a room or have a lodger
I want to have paying guests on AirBnB (or similar)
I want my friend/relative to stay in my property
I’m a leaseholder and I want to sub-let my property


Where can I get further advice? 

It’s a good idea to get independent advice before renting your home. It is important for you to know what you can afford and understand the kind of rental agreement you are entering into. 

Find out about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant so that you can follow the rules. You will helpful information on problems you may have while renting from the sites below.