I want my friend/relative to stay in my property

Consider which situation meets your needs

  • A family member 
    Family members include parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, step-relations, half-relations, and adopted children. We count this person as a normal household member. You will still need to tell us about household member changes.


  • A friend visiting
    Someone who is visiting for a short stay with you. This person has a main home somewhere else. We would not consider this as a lodger. 


  • friend staying 
    If you have a formal agreement to stay in a bedroom on a fixed-term or permanent basis, and paying to do so. In this case, you will need to apply for permission.