Permission to have a pet
MTVH supports responsible pet ownership and recognises the positive and empowering impact pets can have on our customer’s wellbeing, providing both support and companionship.
Use this service to:
- Apply for permission to have a pet in your property
- Apply for permission to have an assistance dog
You will find answers to frequently asked questions.
Before you start
- Please read first. We will ask you to acknowledge you understand your responsibility as a pet owner.
- You must be the named tenant on your tenancy agreement
- You will need to know the animal breed of your new pet
- You cannot apply if your animal is banned in the UK. Please check here
- For assistance dogs, you will need proof of your need for the animal. We will accept an ID book, letter or certificate from an accredited trainer
You reference number
Thank you for using this new service, we value your comments and feedback as we continue to improve our digital offering.
What happens next
We will be considering your application, and this currently takes between 2-5 working days. You will receive notification of the outcome via email or text.
If you have other enquiries please use MTVH Online, our new online service. It is the fastest way to get an answer to your question.